from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Someone who masticates.
- n. A machine for cutting meat into fine pieces for toothless people.
- n. A machine for cutting leather, India rubber, or similar tough substances, into fine pieces, in some processes of manufacture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who masticates.
- n. A machine for cutting meat into fine pieces for toothless people; also, a machine for cutting leather, India rubber, or similar tough substances, into fine pieces, in some processes of manufacture.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which masticates or chews.
- n. An attachment to a feed-cutter. It crushes, shreds, and mixes hay, corn, or other material cut in the feed-cutter, and is designed to render the feed more digestible and palatable.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Looks quite bad but then again the quality is horrible masticator on Jan 8, 2010
Not only that, but people in the know tell me John McCain is also a chronic public masticator.
And although I still find it a secret thrill, when I am found out to be a masticator, I am filled with shame, even more so when discovered in flagrante deglutition.
Beets are evil – sure looks pretty though masticator says:
Little Johnny Bold had been troubled for the last few days with his first incipient masticator, and with that freemasonry which exists among ladies,
And so usually they become versions of pastoral, with the urban masticator being whisked into a world where kitchen and garden co-exist in harmonious union instead of being mediated by the Safeway, the can, the freezer, and the poison list on the back of every package.
By being "unemployed" it is presumed that he was not engaged in the ordinary avocations of life, or in other words was not engaged in those legitimate avocations which have for their object the procuring the means of subsistence for the masticator; but if it is meant to have a name of extensive meaning, the solution is unanswerable.
For a consistent and perseverin 'masticator, she has our friend Fletcher chewed to a standstill.
Little Johnny Bold had been troubled for the last few days with his first incipient masticator, and with that freemasonry which exists among ladies, Miss
His dog, Cooper, rides along in the cab of the masticator with him.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.