from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English

  • n. either of the two planes used to shape the edges of boards which are joined by grooving and tonguing.

from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.

  • n. a plane having cutters designed to make the tongues and grooves on the edges of matchboards


Sorry, no etymologies found.


Sorry, no example sentences found.

Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.


Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.