from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A card or ticket entitling the holder to a meal or meals.
- n. Informal A person or thing depended on as a source of financial support.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A ticket or voucher that can be exchanged for food.
- n. Someone or something that provides income or livelihood, especially as an exploited source.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a source of income or livelihood
- n. coupon redeemable at a restaurant and entitling the holder to a meal
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.