from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Air transport of persons to a place where they can receive medical or surgical care; medical evacuation.
- n. A helicopter or other aircraft used for such transport.
- transitive v. To transport (a patient) to a place where medical care is available.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The emergency transportation, usually by air, of patients to a medical facility.
- n. A vehicle used for emergency transportation of patients to a medical facility.
- n. Trained personnel who care for patients during emergency transportation to a medical facility.
- v. To transport patients by medevac.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the evacuation of persons (usually by air transportation) to a place where they can receive medical care
med(ical) + evac(uation).(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Blend of medical and evacuation (Wiktionary)