from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A shape resembling a jellyfish.
- n. A jellyfish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. jellyfish
- adj. Having the shape of a jellyfish
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Like a medusa; having the fundamental structure of a medusa, but without a locomotive disk; -- said of the sessile gonophores of hydroids.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Like a medusa; resembling a medusa in form or function; medusiform: as, a medusoid bud; the medusoid organization. Sometimes acalephoid.
- n. The medusiform generative bud or receptacle of the reproductive elements of a hydrozoan, whether it becomes detached or not.
- n. Loosely, any medusa, medusidan, or medusoid organism.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of two forms that coelenterates take: it is the free-swimming sexual phase in the life cycle of a coelenterate; in this phase it has a gelatinous umbrella-shaped body and tentacles
- adj. relating to or resembling a medusa
Sorry, no etymologies found.