from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To write a melody for (a song lyric).
- transitive v. To make melodious.
- intransitive v. To compose a melody.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To compose or play melodies
- v. To make melodious; to write a melody for existing text
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To make melodious; to form into, or set to, melody.
- intransitive v. To make melody; to compose melodies; to harmonize.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To make melodic or melodious.
- To compose or sing melodies.
- To make melody; harmonize.
- Also spelled melodise.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. supply a melody for
Sorry, no etymologies found.