from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. See blister beetle.
- adj. Of or relating to blister beetles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any member of the Meloidae.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A beetle belongoing to the family Meloidae.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to the Meloidæ, or having their characters.
- n. Any member of the family Meloidæ.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. beetle that produces a secretion that blisters the skin
From New Latin Meloidae, family name, from Meloē, type genus.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.