from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The chin.
- n. A chin-like projection below the mouth of certain mollusks.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The front median plate of the labium in insects. See labium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The chin; the anterior and inferior part of the mandible or under jawbone of a mammal, with or without associated soft parts.
- n. In entomology, the median or central and usually principal part of the labium.
- n. In botany, a projection in front of the flower in some orchids, caused by the extension of the foot of the column
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a projection like a chin formed by the sepals and base of the column in some orchids
- n. the protruding part of the lower jaw
- n. a projection below the mouth of certain mollusks that resembles a chin
From Latin mentum. (Wiktionary)