from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The middle germinal layer of an early embryo, consisting of undifferentiated cells destined to become the mesoderm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the middle, germinal layer of undifferentiated cells of an early embryo; it becomes the mesoderm
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The mesoderm.
- n. The cell nucleus; mesoplast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The middle one of the three germinal layers of any metazoic embryo, between the epiblast and the hypoblast; the mesoderm.
- n. In cytology, the middle one of three concentric protoplasmic layers supposed to surround the cell-nucleus.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the middle germ layer that develops into muscle and bone and cartilage and blood and connective tissue
meso- + -blast (Wiktionary)