Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In anthropology, having medium-sized teeth: as, the mesodont races.
- In zoology, pertaining to the Mesodonta, or having their characters.
- In craniometry, having a dental index between 42 and 44.
- n. In entomology, one of a group of stagbeetles which have, like the amphiodonts, a mandibular development intermediate between the teleodont and priodont types.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Anat.) Having teeth of moderate size.
- meso- + Ancient Greek a tooth. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘mesodont’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
Looking for tweets for mesodont.