from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The portion of the embryonic mesentery that is attached to the early stomach.
- n. The region of the abdomen surrounding the navel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The part of the embryonic mesentery that includes the stomach
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The umbilical region.
- n. The mesogaster.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In human anat, the umbilical region of the abdomen, between the epigastrium above and the hypogastrium or epipubic region below. See cut under abdomen.
- n. In anatomy and zoology, the mesentery of the stomach; the fold of peritoneum which holds the stomach in place.
Sorry, no etymologies found.