from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Having the position of, or being ordained by God as messiah.
- n. His miracles furnished evidence of Jesus' claim of messiahship.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The state or office of the Messiah.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The character, state, or office of Jesus Christ as the Saviour of the world: also used of pretenders to a similar office or mission.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the position of messiah
Sorry, no etymologies found.