from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To subject (a substance) to metabolism.
- transitive v. To produce (a substance) by metabolism.
- intransitive v. To undergo change by metabolism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To undergo metabolism.
- v. To cause a substance to undergo metabolism.
- v. To produce a substance using metabolism.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. To change by a metabolic process. See metabolism.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In biology, to subject to metabolism; transform by either assimilation or decomposition.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. produce by metabolism
Sorry, no etymologies found.