from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A language or vocabulary used to describe or analyze language.
- n. Computer Science A language used to define another language.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any language or vocabulary of specialized terms used to describe or analyze a language or linguistic process.
- n. Any similar language used to define a programming language.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any language that can be used to describe another language or system of symbols.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a language that can be used to describe languages
meta- + language (Wiktionary)