Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In ornithology, the posterior lateral piece or special ossification of the sternum, behind the pleurosteon, on each side of the lophosteon. See cut under carinate.
- n. anatomy The posterolateral ossification in the sternum of birds.
- n. anatomy The part resulting from such ossification.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. (Anat.) The postero-lateral ossification in the sternum of birds; also, the part resulting from such ossification.
- New Latin, from Ancient Greek after + bone. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘metosteon’.
Another of my random palavery lists for words or phrases that haven't yet found a place in one or more of my other lists.
Looking for tweets for metosteon.