from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chemistry that deals with minute quantities of materials, frequently less than one milligram in mass or one milliliter in volume.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Chemical techniques for preparing, handling, and analyzing small quantities of chemical compounds, especially masses less than a milligram.
- n. Chemical processes that take place in very small regions, such as on the grain boundaries of a metal
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The application of chemical tests to minute objects or portions of matter, usually assisted by sensitive instruments; -- distinguished from macro-chemistry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Minute chemical investigation; chemical analysis or investigation applied to objects under the microscope.
micro- + chemistry (Wiktionary)