from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An abnormally small red blood cell that is less than five microns in diameter and may occur in certain forms of anemia.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. an unusually small red blood cell found in some forms of anemia
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One of the elementary granules found in blood. They are much smaller than an ordinary corpuscle, and are particularly noticeable in disease, as in anæmia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small cell or corpuscle.
- n. A small blood-corpuscle, in size from 2 to 6 micromillimeters, found, often in large numbers, in many cases of anemia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an abnormally small red blood cell (less than 5 microns in diameter)
micro- + (erythro)cyte.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
micro- + -cyte (Wiktionary)