from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a microscopic manner.
- adv. To a microscopic extent.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. By the microscope; with minute inspection; in a microscopic manner.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In a microscopic manner or degree; by means of, or so as to require the use of, the microscope: as, to examine a plant microscopically; an object microscopically small.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. as if by using a microscope; with extreme precision and attention to detail; in minute detail
- adv. by using a microscope; so as to be visible only with a microscope; as seen with a microscope
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The circulation numbers for most of these publications remain microscopically low.
Finally, he offered up a "clarion call" -- with ironic quotes or not -- for compromise, something that's been in microscopically short supply among Washington leaders on both sides of the aisle.
Blown to bits; bits so inconceivably, so ineffably, so "microscopically" small that -- but let us not anticipate.
Watching the zombie-fied Vince try to sweet-talk a vapid caricature of a Vanity Fair reporter is only microscopically more interesting than watching Half-Turtle blossom into a restaurant entrepreneur.
It was as if he had slept for a time and just opened his eyes again, and yet the interval of unconsciousness was so microscopically short that there had been no time for him to fall.
I have no word to say for or about the microscopically unimportant excessivist, the dipsomaniac.
Indeed, one feels microscopically small, and the thought that one may wrestle with this sea raises in one's imagination a thrill of apprehension, almost of fear.
Bottom line, everything she does is microscopically examined, so my thought is by her endorsement, she is thinking that Hoffman will win with or without her endorsement.
It's the latest example of the campaigns microscopically examining each other's records and past statements in a game of political one-upmanship.
Was it possible, was it faintly, minutely, microscopically possible that the game was not a game?
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.