from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A structure in which microspores are formed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A case, capsule or container that holds microspores.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sporangium or conceptacle containing only very minute spores. Cf. macrosporangium.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A sporangium containing microspores: the homologue of the pollen-sac in phanerogams.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a plant structure that produces microspores
Sorry, no etymologies found.
To deal first with the microsporangium or pollen-sac.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.