from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Slang A routine trip involving stops at many places.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A routine trip, especially one involving several stops
- n. (slang) An uneventful mission, especially a military sortie completed without incident
- n. (slang) A campaign for a political office whose main apparent purpose is to "milk" money from supporters in order to provide a source of income for the candidate, campaign staff, and family members.
- n. the picking up of mixed loads from multiple fixed sources on a regular routine like basis.
Sorry, no etymologies found.