from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of the temporary first teeth of a young mammal. Also called baby tooth, primary tooth.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any tooth of the first set of teeth of young people (or livestock).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. one of the temporary first set of teeth in young mammals; in man there are twenty.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tooth of the milk-dentition; a temporary or deciduous tooth, which is shed and replaced. A child has 20 milk-teeth.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of the first temporary teeth of a young mammal (one of 20 in children)
Sorry, no etymologies found.