from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the colour of red lead or vermilion; painted with vermilion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To paint or tinge with red lead or vermilion; also, to decorate with letters, or the like, painted red, as the page of a manuscript.
- adj. Of or pertaining to the color of red lead or vermilion; painted with vermilion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To paint or tinge with or as with minium.
- Of the color of minium.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. paint with red lead or vermilion
- v. decorate (manuscripts) with letters painted red
Sorry, no etymologies found.