from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or pertaining to Mithridates
- adj. Of or pertaining to a mithridate
- n. An antidotal or protective mixture.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to King Mithridates, or to a mithridate.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to Mithridates, specifically to Mithridates VI. of Pontus (died about 63 b. c.): as, the Mithridatic wars. Also Mithradatic.
- [lowercase] Pertaining to or of the nature of mithridate.
From the Ancient Greek legend of King Mithridates VI of Pontus, who discovered an antidote for every known poison. (Wiktionary)