from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A doctrine of moderation (in any field)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Moderation in doctrines or opinion, especially in politics or religion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The state or character of being moderate, in any sense.
- n. Specifically [capitalized] The attitude and practice of the Moderates in the Church of Scotland. See moderate, n. .
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a political philosophy of avoiding the extremes of left and right by taking a moderate position or course of action
Sorry, no etymologies found.