from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A critical or decisive time on which much depends; a crucial moment.
- n. Sports The point in a bullfight at which the matador makes the kill.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A deciding instant; the time when a test determines or makes it apparent whether something will succeed.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the moment in a bullfight when the matador kills the bull
- n. a crucial moment on which much depends
Translation of Spanish el momento de verdad.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
A calque of Spanish el momento de la verdad, which refers to the time of the final sword thrust in a bullfight. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.