Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Capable of saturating a single molecule of a monobasic acid: applied to hydroxids and basic oxids.
- adj. chemistry Having one hydrogen atom replaceable by a negative or acid atom or radical; capable of neutralizing a monobasic acid.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Chem.) Having one hydrogen atom replaceable by an acidic atom or radical.
- adj. Capable of neutralizing one equivalent of a monobasic acid; -- said of bases, and of certain metals.
- n. (Chem.) An acid having one replaceable hydrogen atom.
- mono- + acid (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘monacid’.
A myriad of game-changing words every Scrabble addict must have in his arsenal.
Keep in mind that these are all tried-and-true feasibly playable words selected for their handiness, i.e...
Looking for tweets for monacid.