American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- adj. Botany Bearing a single flower.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, producing but one flower: said of a plant or peduncle.
- adj. botany Having only a single flower.
GNU Webster's 1913
- adj. (Bot.) Having but one flower; one-flowered.
- Ancient Greek (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘monanthous’.
"Luciferous Logolepsy is a collection of over 9,000 obscure English words. Though the definition of an 'English' word might seem to be straightforward, it is not. There exist so many adopted, deriv...
flora-nce and -anth-
Looking for tweets for monanthous.