Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A mintage; the right of coining or minting money.
- n. A tribute formerly paid in England by tenants to their lord, in return for his undertaking not to debase the money which he had the right to coin. Also monetagium.
- n. obsolete mintage; coinage
- n. obsolete A tax paid to the first two Norman kings of England to prevent them from debasing the coin.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. A tax paid to the first two Norman kings of England to prevent them from debashing the coin.
- n. obsolete Mintage; coinage.
- Compare French monnayage coinage. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘moneyage’.
List of fees, tolls, surcharges - stupid, disingenuous, predatory, or otherwise - that are levied by governments, banks, phone companies and businesses against citizens, customers, and consumers.
Looking for tweets for moneyage.