from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hand tool with adjustable jaws for turning nuts of varying sizes.
- n. Informal Something that disrupts: He threw a monkey wrench into our plans.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A wrench with a smooth adjustable jaw to grip different sizes of nuts.
- n. A pipe wrench.
- n. A problem, obstacle or dilemma; something unexpected or troublesome.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See under Monkey.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. adjustable wrench that has one fixed and one adjustable jaw
Origin unknown.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.