American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. A hand tool with adjustable jaws for turning nuts of varying sizes.
- n. Informal Something that disrupts: He threw a monkey wrench into our plans.
- n. A wrench with a smooth adjustable jaw to grip different sizes of nuts.
- n. A pipe wrench.
- n. idiomatic A problem, obstacle or dilemma; something unexpected or troublesome.
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. See under Monkey.
- n. adjustable wrench that has one fixed and one adjustable jaw
- Origin unknown. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
These user-created lists contain the word ‘monkey wrench’.
A very wide category. There are possibly tens of thousands tool words in each of the world's languages.
Got a problem? Find the solution here. All the words herelisted are guaranteed to make other stuff better. If not satisfied see John for your money back or go ask Abby.
Are you the sharpest tool in the shed? If you had to live in the tool shed -- what tool would you be?
Just for John. Including retired flavors--or, as B & J's calls them, the Flavor Graveyard. :-)
banana split, berried treasure, berry berry extra..., black raspberry, brownie batter, butter pecan, cake batter, cherry garcia, chocolate, chocolate chip co..., chocolate fudge b..., chocolate macadamia and 341 more...
Hey monkey! If you don't like this list, use your monkey back guarantee!
Looking for tweets for monkey wrench.