from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to monogenesis; monogenetic.
- adj. Relating to monogenism.
- adj. Of or regulated by one gene or one of a pair of allelic genes.
- adj. Producing offspring of only one sex, as some species of aphids.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of or relating to monogenesis or to monogenism
- adj. regulated by a single gene
- adj. producing offspring of only one sex
- adj. having a single derivative at a point
- n. A derivative of a monogenic function
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to monogenesis.
- adj. Producing only one kind of germs, or young; developing only in one way.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as monogenous.
- In chem., combining with an element in only one form; forming only one compound with a monovalent element.
- Same as monogenetic.
- In petrography, noting a fragmental rock, conglomerate or breccia, whose fragments or parts are all of one kind of rock.
- Having a univocal derivative: the better and now accepted form for monogeneous, 2, and monogenous, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to an inheritable character that is controlled by a single pair of genes
mono- + -genic (Wiktionary)