from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of or relating to the Monogynia; having only one style or stigma.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to Monogynia; having only one style or stigma.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Having only one wife; living in monogyny; monogamous, as a man: correlated with monandrous.
- In zoology, having only one female mate.
- Same as monogynian.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. having one head or chief wife at a time (along with concubines)
Compare French monogyne. (Wiktionary)