from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Complete paralysis of a single limb, muscle, or muscle group.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Complete paralysis of a single limb (or muscle)
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Paralysis affecting a single limb.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, paralysis limited to a single part, as of one arm or leg. Compare hemiplegia, paraplegia.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. paralysis of a single limb
mono- + -plegia (Wiktionary)