from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A heavy fabric with a thick nap, used for upholstery.
- n. A carpet with a deep tufted pile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A kind of fabric with a thick pile used for carpeting or to upholster seating etc.; also an article covered in such material.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of carpet having a short velvety pile.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A stuff with a thick soft velvety nap of wool, and a warp of hemp or linen, especially such a material heavy enough to be used for carpeting.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a thick velvety synthetic fabric used for carpets and soft upholstery
French, alteration of obsolete moucade.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French moquette. (Wiktionary)