from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a mortal manner.
- adv. Of one who has been wounded, fatally.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. In a mortal manner; so as to cause death.
- adv. In the manner of a mortal or of mortal beings.
- adv. In an extreme degree; to the point of dying or causing death; desperately.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In the manner of a mortal.
- In such a manner that death must ensue; fatally: as, mortally wounded.
- Extremely; intensely; grievously.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in such a manner that death ensues (also in reference to hatred, jealousy, fear, etc.)
Sorry, no etymologies found.