from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To equip with a motor.
- transitive v. To supply with motor-driven vehicles.
- transitive v. To provide with automobiles.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To fit something with a motor.
- v. To supply something or someone with motor vehicles.
- v. To supply armoured vehicles; to mechanize.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To substitute motor-driven vehicles, or automobiles, for the horses and horse-drawn vehicles of (a fire department, city, etc.).
- transitive v. to equip (a piece of machinery) with a motor.
- transitive v. to provide with automobiles or other motor vehicles.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In psychology, to apprehend a visual or auditory stimulus in motor or kinesthetic terms.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. equip with a motor
- v. equip with a motor vehicle
- v. equip with armed and armored motor vehicles
Sorry, no etymologies found.