American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- v. To equip with a motor.
- v. To supply with motor-driven vehicles.
- v. To provide with automobiles.
Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In psychology, to apprehend a visual or auditory stimulus in motor or kinesthetic terms.
- v. transitive To fit something with a motor.
- v. transitive To supply something or someone with motor vehicles.
- v. transitive To supply armoured vehicles; to mechanize.
GNU Webster's 1913
- v. archaic To substitute motor-driven vehicles, or automobiles, for the horses and horse-drawn vehicles of (a fire department, city, etc.).
- v. to equip (a piece of machinery) with a motor.
- v. to provide with automobiles or other motor vehicles.
- v. equip with a motor
- v. equip with a motor vehicle
- v. equip with armed and armored motor vehicles
“Many cities rushed to motorize their snow removal fleets, abandoning most of their horse-drawn carts.”
“Detractors on the environmental front have argued that mass-motorization in India is the worst thing that could happen as far as global warming is concerned, but India is going to motorize regardless.”
“It looks cool, great concept, but … they should probably ditch the turbine aspect, build it out of concrete, motorize the segments.”
“Mesmerized by his own visions, Hitler did much of the talking, lecturing and declaiming on his plans to motorize Germany and build new highways.”
“And after I got the building done it took me another month or so to figure out how to motorize the roof itself.”
“December 16th, 2008 at 12: 32 am pogo panda pai gow poker gagnez de l argent les gagnants says: pogo panda pai gow poker gagnez de l argent les gagnants … houseflies unwieldy severs. motorize …”
“I never understood why they wanted to motorize the razor until I read this.”
“One of our priorities was to re-motorize these buses.”
“Castro says this "new word re-motorize" means to replace Soviet-built motors with other ones, because Soviet-built motors use too much fuel.”
“People who want to play games, go on excursions, build fish tanks, or motorize bicycles will go to considerable lengths to find peers.”
‘motorize’ hasn't been added to any lists yet.
Looking for tweets for motorize.