from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A circular cut, often composed of a parry, usually prime or seconde, moving thence into a circular cut.
- n. The drum upon which the rope is wound in a capstan, crane, etc.
- n. A machine formerly used for bending a crossbow by winding it up.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The drum or roller of a capstan, crane, etc.
- n. A form of windlass used for bending the great crossbow. See cranequin, and cut in preceding column.
- n. A kind of turnstile.
- n. A circular swing of a sword or saber.
French moulinet, diminutive of moulin ("a mill"). (Wiktionary)