from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Chiefly British Variant of molt.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The process of shedding or losing a covering of fur, feathers or skin etc.
- v. To shed or lose a covering of fur, feathers or skin etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- v. See molt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. etc. See molt, etc.
- Much; many.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. periodic shedding of the cuticle in arthropods or the outer skin in reptiles
- v. cast off hair, skin, horn, or feathers
Sorry, no etymologies found.