from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Involving, dependent on, or controlled by several factors.
- adj. Of, relating to, or caused by a pattern of familial inheritance resulting from multiple genetic or environmental factors or from a combination of both.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Involving, or controlled by multiple factors
- adj. Involving multiple genetic and/or environmental factors
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. involving or depending on several factors or causes (especially pertaining to a condition or disease resulting from the interaction of many genes)
Sorry, no etymologies found.