American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition
- n. An Asian plant (Vigna radiata) in the pea family, widely cultivated for its edible seeds and pods. It is the chief source of bean sprouts.
- n. The seeds or pods of this plant.
- n. the seed of Vigna radiata which is native to Bangladesh, India, and Pakistan
GNU Webster's 1913
- n. The mung (Vigna radiata).
- n. The bean produced by the mung.
- n. erect bushy annual widely cultivated in warm regions of India and Indonesia and United States for forage and especially its edible seeds; chief source of bean sprouts used in Chinese cookery; sometimes placed in genus Phaseolus
- Hindi mūṁg, from Sanskrit mudgaḥ. (American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
These user-created lists contain the word ‘mung bean’.
List of as many pea and bean varieties as I can cook up - mostly common names.
Noodles and noodle types from around the world.
ruta-bay-ay-ayga, ruta-bay-ay-ayga, ruta-bay-ay-ayga, ruta-bay-ay-ay-ay...
Looking for tweets for mung bean.