from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a fungus, Beauveria bassiana, that affects silkworms, their bodies becoming white and covered with spores
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A disease which is very destructive to silkworms, and which sometimes extends to other insects. It is attended by the development of a fungus (provisionally called Botrytis bassiana). Also, the fungus itself.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A fungus, Botrytis Bassiana, the cause of a very destructive disease in silkworms.
- n. The disease produced in silkworms by the muscardine.
- n. The dormouse, Muscardinus avellanarius.
Sorry, no etymologies found.