from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make mutual.
- transitive v. To set up or reorganize (a corporation) so that the majority of common stock is owned by customers or employees.
- intransitive v. To become mutual.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To make, or to become mutual
- v. To organize a business (especially a financial business) so that it is owned by its customers (or its employees)
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render mutual; specifically, reorganize (a proprietary or stock insurance company) as a mutual company. See mutual, 4.
Sorry, no etymologies found.