from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A large cell of the bone marrow that is a precursor of the mature granulocyte of the blood.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a large cell, found in bone marrow, that becomes a granulocyte when mature
- n. a cell associated with the myelin of the brain and spinal cord
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as myocyte.
- n. One of the cells of the gray substance of the brain.
- n. A bone-marrow cell; one of the varieties of leucocytes formed in the bone-marrow.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an immature leukocyte normally found in bone marrow
From myelo-, from Ancient Greek μυελός (muelos, "marrow") + -cyte ("cell"), from Ancient Greek κύτος (kutos, "container, receptacle"). (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.