from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any member of the genus Myristica of nutmegs.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A genus of apetalous trees, constituting the order Myristiceæ, and characterized by diæcious regular flowers with a three-lobed calyx and united filaments, a single ovary-cell and ovule, and alternate leaves.
- n. [lowercase] In pharmacy, the kernel of the seed of Myristica fragrans. It is aromatic and somewhat narcotic. See cut under arillode.
- n. In zoology, a genus of gastropods.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. type genus of Myristicaceae; tropical Asian evergreen trees with small white or yellow flowers followed by fleshy fruits
From the genus name. (Wiktionary)