from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A benign tumor, most often found in the heart, composed of connective tissue embedded in mucus.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tumor of primitive connective tissue.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tumor made up of a gelatinous tissue resembling that found in the umbilical cord.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A tumor consisting of mucous tissue — that is, a tissue with round, fusiform, or stellate cells in a transparent, semifluid, intercellular substance containing a large amount of mucin. Also called collonema.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a benign tumor of connective tissue containing jellylike material
New Latin, based on Ancient Greek (Wiktionary)