from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who bites one's fingernails as a nervous habit.
- n. A situation marked by tense nervousness or apprehension, especially an athletic contest whose outcome is uncertain near its finish.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who bites or chews his or her fingernails
- n. a nervous or uncomfortable situation
- n. An engaging or exciting cliffhanger.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.
Wordnik is becoming a not-for-profit! Read our announcement here.