from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An organic compound, C10H7OH, occurring in two isomeric forms, alpha-naphthol and beta-naphthol.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Either of two isomeric phenols derived from naphthalene; they are used in the preparation of dyes and many other compounds
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any one of a series of hydroxyl derivatives of naphthalene, analogous to phenol. In general they are crystalline substances with a phenol (carbolic) odor.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Any one of the phenols of naphthalene having the formula C10H7OH.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. either of two phenols derived from naphthalene
naphth(alene) + -ol2.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)