from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. In a narrow manner; without flexibility or latitude.
- adv. By a narrow margin; closely.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. With little breadth; in a narrow manner.
- adv. Without much extent; contractedly.
- adv. With minute scrutiny; closely
- adv. With a little margin or space; by a small distance; hence, closely; hardly; barely; only just; -- often with reference to an avoided danger or misfortune.
- adv. Sparingly; parsimoniously.
- adv. With close adherence to the literal meaning of a text.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- With little breadth, extent, or scope; restrictedly as regards breadth or scope.
- Sparingly; with niggardliness.
- Closely; with careful or minute scrutiny; attentively; carefully: as, narrowly watched, inspected, or seen.
- Nearly; within a little; by a small distance.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adv. in a narrow manner; not allowing for exceptions
Sorry, no etymologies found.