from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To make nasal or produce nasal sounds.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To speak through the nose.
- v. To make a nasal sound when speaking.
- v. To lower the uvula so that air flows through the nose during the articulation of a speech sound.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To render nasal, as sound; to insert a nasal or sound in.
- transitive v. To utter words or letters with a nasal sound; to speak through the nose; to pronounce with a lowered velum.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To render nasal, as the sound of a letter or syllable by modification or addition.
- To speak or pronounce with a nasal sound; speak through the nose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. pronounce with a lowered velum
- v. speak nasally or through the nose
Sorry, no etymologies found.