from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The free rotifers: opposed to Sessilia.
- n. In Illiger's classification of mammals (1811), the fourteenth order, containing the sirenians and cetaceans as two families, Sirenia and Cete: same as Mutilata.
- n. In conch.:
- n. A division of azygobranchiate gastropods, containing the natant or free-swimming oceanic or pelagic forms usually called heteropods, and corresponding to the class or order Heteropoda.: opposed to Reptantia.
- n. A section of cephalate mollusks proposed for the cephalopods.
- n. A suborder of peritriehous ciliate infusorians, containing those which are free-swimming: opposed to Sedentaria.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. shrimp; prawns; etc.
Sorry, no etymologies found.