from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A mineral in the zeolite family with composition Na2Al2Si3O10·2H2O.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A fibrous zeolite mineral, being a sodium aluminosilicate, of the chemical formula Na2Al2Si3O10·2H2O.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A zeolite occuring in groups of glassy acicular crystals, and in masses which often have a radiated structure. It is a hydrous silicate of alumina and soda.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A zeolitic mineral occurring in slender acicular crystals, also in masses with a fibrous and radiating structure, generally of a white color and transparent to translucent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a group of minerals of the zeolite family consisting of a hydrous silicate of sodium and aluminum
natro(n) + -lite.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)